CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Labour Story - Part ONE

I have been asked this question every now and then for the past couple of weeks. When is the baby popping? I started to reply with the same standard answer each time.

ANYTIME.

I was praying and hoping that mei mei will come out as close to EDD as possible (19-Feb-11) but i guess she can't wait to collect ang baos sooner so decided to pop out 12 days early (7-Feb-11). But still a bunny baby as i wished for. I am just thankful she's born healthy though small.

On the afternoon of 7-Feb-11 (Monday) i felt the cramps as usual (in fact the cramps were rather painful a couple of days before that they actually affected my sleep). This time round, I do feel something was not really right though. The feeling was just sorta....different. At 1pm+, i decided to check out whether there was any spotting whatsoever since i fear that i may have some brown discharge or bloody show?

And then.....BINGO.

Brown spots and patches with mucous plug. Is this considered SHOW or a sign of labour i wonder?

I came out of the toilet and informed my MIL. Surprisingly, i was really calm about it. She said i might be in labour. The spotting stopped after that but came back again at 3pm+. Managed to get my gynae, Dr Woo Bit Hwa through an emergency number (since his clinic is not opened on that day - CNY) and he asked me to report to the labour ward.


I was in a fix whether to go immediately or wait till MIL fetched Kyan from the CCC at 3pm. I decided to wait since the cramps are not unbearable.

I then had coconut juice and a bottle of chicken of essence during that time. Waited it out with not much pains.

Kyan reached home and after feeding him milk, MIL and i set off for the hospital at 4.10pm.

Damn cabbies just won't stop cos its the change shift time.
I was basically cursing and swearing under my sleeves. Finally patience worn me out and i called a cab.
No one will actually believe i was in labour cos i looked absolutely fine, and so that probably explains why no cab will bother to stop.

Finally reached Mount Alvernia Hospital at 4.50pm.

0 comments: