CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thoughts and Breastfeeding

Lil princess is turning one month next Monday.

How time flies!

Which also signals the end of my confinement soon.

Wonder if it is actually good or bad. Good in the sense that i can wash my hair daily, use the fan, go out and do some stuffs which are not possible to be done during confinement....and yes i really really miss my bubble tea!!

Can't imagine i haven't tried a single KOI or GONG CHA bubble tea even though i promised myself at least a cup before i went to delivery. No chance.

Bad in the sense that i have to take care of little gal at night in between milk pumping sessions.

Nowadays i try to latch girl as much as i can...I hope to continue latching her till as long as i continue breastfeeding. Not just pumping alone. I regretted not latching Kyan as much when i was breastfeeding him last time.

But could i really do it? As this princess of mine is quite impatient when latching. Once i miss the "window of opportunity" during the latch on tuggle process, she will cry and scream out loud. What do i mean? Simply because she will cry and scream immediately when she fails to latch or suck successfully, and i have to catch hold of the "right" moment to latch her on as fast and as quick and as accurately as i could! *faintz* Once she starts struggling and crying, all else fails. Need to calm her down first and most of the times it doesn't work.
And did i mention she refuses to latch onto my right breast? Yes she has preference only to the left one. I admit I am always stressed during the breastfeeding process, sometimes to the point i would break down and cry when she totally refused to latch and scream and cry or do a tug of war with me. Thats how tired and stressful it gets.

But one thing to thank for is my milk supply. So far, it is going on pretty well. My freezer is getting full and its time i should perhaps start donating or giving the packets away to free up space for the newer ones.

I always have oversupply of fresh stock in my fridge compartment as well so the freezer packets are not touched yet.

Just hope i could breastfeed till at least a year. Not easy, but i will try...just for the sake of this little one. I told myself as long as i am blessed to have the supply, i should continue.

1 comments:

Name: Kayden & Kayla said...

Yes u shd continue for as long as possible. Shower her with the excess BM, makes her skin very smooth. Kayla also has preference on the left side. Now I always end up with the left side feeling full and quite empty on the right.