CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

At my mum's....addictive online shopping

It was a one week hiatus for my mil, who had her hand injured and still not recovered for the past few weeks. The nagging pain came on and off. As i wanted to give her a break and some time to heal her hand, kyan was brought over to my mum's instead. Together with my mum (she and i took a week's leave) we took care of kyan since monday. Kyan and I stayed at my mum's place during this period. I am really thankful i have my mum to help, or else i have no idea how i would have been able to cope (judging from kyan's fussy drinking habits). But there is one thing i really must thank for...that is the sarong (yaolan) that karen loan to us cos it makes things easier sometimes....thanks karen! However this little boy is an active one. The other day my mum put him into the sarong he fidgetted here and there and BANG! His head hit against the side metal bar of the sarong and he cried really badly with a ba luku on his forehead. My mum used a boiled egg to rub on that area and it subsided after that.

Kyan still proves a toughie when drinking milk...though now my mum is more experienced with this little one's patterns. Mummies are still the more experienced ones, they know how to deal...thanks to the previous experiences bringing us up.

Kyan now has little white teeth forming at his gums though his first tooth hasn't literally popped up yet...so he's pretty cranky. I guess its due to the teething discomforts. On top of it sometimes the weather just kills. its darn hot!!! wahhhhh....He is a really "yang oh" baby...why? everytime see us always "ehh ehh" then next moment cry expect us to carry him...aiyo....

I think by now he has recognised who is who...yesterday i displayed the action of asking whether he wants me to carry, and he arched his body towards me...how cute!!

But sometimes he doesn't want mummy....BOO HOOO!!! =( so sad lo, prefers his grandma instead. Cos he will cry and cry and i failed to pacify him...so my mum took charge and he stopped crying....wonder why? Is it because i have the milk smell on me and he hates it?

Have started to add in the rice powder into the breastmilk. I guess variety works better for him. He's on one feed of FM and one feed of rice powder+EBM daily, with the other feeds still on EBM.

Nowadays i also try to stretch my pumping sessions. Sometimes work, sometimes not. End up with painful and engorged breasts. I guess i'm better off pumping 3x a day still. Don't be too greedy stretching pump sessions ya...wanted to give up breastfeeding and pumping actually, but no guts yet. Now kyan seems to drink EBM again, probably because as i mentioned, there is variety for him since i included FM/rice powder into one of his feeds now.

Ok now to my shopping stuffs. I have finally bought a yellow swimming tub for kyan. Cannot tahan...hehe....i guess i am addicted to online shopping le...v dangerous. Got cheap photo frames, clothes and belts and some miscellaneous stufs for myself and kyan. Better control control...*bites teeth*...daddy has given me "warning" le...better control....

Today finally took the first family photo..



1 comments:

JoAnnA said...

Same.. Moi is addicted too !! Juz gotten a twilight Sea turtle, 3 Nursing Bra, 300 x 3 nursing wipes and a cooling mat for the stroller !! Hahahaha ..... I think we spend too much time express our milk in fron of the computer !!