CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

重男轻女...is gender really so important to the older generation?

If there is one thing that piss me off, its this.

I am just looking for an avenue to vent on.

I am the one bearing the child, so whatever gender i want, so be it. Even i can't decide so what makes U think and insist it is a BOY when my mil has told u otherwise? My mil based it on the Lunar Calender. What facts have u got to base it on? Your own thinking i suppose?

SHEESH. Just don't keep insisting it is a boy OK?

And don't (in front of me for goodness sake) keeps repeating things to kyan such as..."this is for 弟弟 in the future....弟弟 this 弟弟 that" when all of us have corrected him and questioned him umpteen times. He just won't listen. The thing repeats itself....again...again...and again. My ears have succumbed to this comment time and again.

So now, i'm 101% hoping my bb is a girl so he will shut his mouth off.

To him, one kyan (and one boy) isn't enough. Now he wants another boy whereas the rest of us want a girl. Wow greedy isn't it.

To me, boy or girl doesn't matter as long as he's healthy. I know i am guilty that i am bearing the hope this is a girl so he won't be happy, so i don't have to hear his comment any more and see the smile on his face. Even if this is a boy, i'm sure hoping that he won't adopt such thinking as his paternal grandpa in the future.

1 comments:

JoAnnA said...

It's a Girl !! At least according to my dream...