CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

27weeks visit to the Gynae

Went to Dr Heng's clinic at 11am in the morning....the clinic was as usual, crowded.....As the clinic was closed on New Year's Eve (which was my usual Wed appointment) my appointment had to be pushed three days later on a Sat.
The wait was pretty long too, with a queue of mummies outside to see the gynae. So it was about 45mins wait before i got to see the gynae. I weighed myself and weighing machine flashed a shocking 53kg in my face, which was a 6kg gain from my previous 47kg one month ago. Dr Heng told me there is sugar found in my urine so she took a sample of my blood to test. The reading was higher than the normal range which indicated the high sugar levels in my blood. I had to go for a glucose screening test (GTT) this Fri for a more detailed analysis. If results aren't good, follow-up is needed. Dr Heng's reaction to my whopping 6kg gain was overwhelming like ..."thats alot! what did u eat?! Baby only gained 1kg and u gained the balance of the 5kg!!" I tried to recall the things i indulge myself in and told her like nothing much? :P (ok i was guilty as i managed to recall much later what i've actually eaten these past few weeks...perhaps the chocolates, fast food, ice-creams and candies jus to name a few....cannot blame rite, got the christmas season, new year season...oh well i guess these are just excuses :P but seriously my darling seems to love all these foods...i was never so much a chocolate lover b4 i was pregnant....not only that bb loves western food more than chinese food, like burgers and stuffs like that...i was not much of a fast food lover (exception of KFC and MOS Burger) but prefers chinese food...now this is all happening....)...Dr Heng told me i should eat lesser now, and no more fast food for me...! so sad rite....



The scan showed kyan weighing 1.097kg (rounded to the nearest 1.1kg) at 27weeks+/28weeks. This time round, he faced the screen again and Dr Heng managed to capture his cute little chubby face....i think he is sleeping peacefully with his hand clutched in a fist by the side....his face looked chubbier now...so cute i wanna squeeze his cheeks...still can't distinguish whether he looks more like kun or me, but i know he does have my eyes....

Told Dr Heng about my "menstrual" cramps too...she asked where cos right now i'm not supposed to have any menstrual cramps...i told her they occur below my tum tum...she said as long as they don't occur at the tummy area (where the bb is) but below that its fine....


Haiz...the GTT makes me kinda depressed cos i used to be able to eat anything without much consideration...now gotta cut down on sugary and salty stuffs...good luck to me....

On a offhand note, my mum bought the bean pillow and tongs for the bb....Jo gotten a blue rompers for bb....thanks!!

0 comments: