CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Brainstorming for Names

Coming up with names can be both fun and confusing. First there is a wide range of names to choose from, and more often at times, we are so afraid of choosing the wrong one (one that sound absolutely wierd by itself with or without the surname). And second, are we to give one english name to our boy or just leave him to choose when he grows up in the future? Baby prince's daddy was saying he leaves me to be in charge of english names since i previously mentioned i will come out with one...but i also need to come up with something that bb prince's daddy likes it doesn't it? A lot have been rejected by daddy though =( and more often at times, he comes up with funny alternative pronunciations of the name which throws it right into the dustbin.

We have thought that since our bb prince needs to have the word "FU" in his name, we shall adopt and brainstorm for an english name that starts with the alphabet "F" that coincides with my english name as well! But as i was looking through the list of boys names starting with the letter "F" seriously NONE is appealing to me. Daddy wanted to give bb prince the name Fenson but it actually invited negative comments. Fabian seems to be the one that comes to most peoples' minds at first when thinking of "F", but it doesn't sound nice to me (no offense to those whose names are Fabian =P). Or Frederick? Fred? Freddy? Felton? Felix? But i don't like any of these....sigh.....Tough case.

I love the name Dilan but my mum said it sounds like "didn't" and i felt it was a little too common. Then i came up with Reyner which my friends thought it was a bit girlie. So i decided to brainstorm for more. Tristan and Travis came to my mind. Daddy seems ok with these two names though. So i decided to ask around and see which has more votes.

According to my sister and a few others they felt Tristan could be a bit girlie but i had people telling me it does not sound girlie though. I was really having a hard time wondering if i should just adopt Tristan but since I really wanted a manly name to give to bb prince so as to avoid confusion, i decided Travis may be better and had almost 99.9% decided on it (though Jack was telling me so far the Travis he knows are not very good guys...oops :P). For a period of time i fancied not giving an english name to my bb, so kept the name Travis pending just in case the name Fu-Jun can't be used (really hope not =(...sigh)

But today i asked daddy on english names again. He said...Why not Kai-en? Kai-en is nice la! Previously daddy came up with this name but we just left it aside and pending to see if there are other better ones. Anyway i am thinking...how nice if my bb could be called Kai-en ("Wen Kai En") and direct translation to English name will be "Boon Kyan"! But since have to adopt the FU character, no choice lor =(

So tadeh! We decided that our baby prince name will be (pending the counting of strokes from the master for the chinese name)....

Wen Fu Jun, Kyan!

Meaning of the name "Kyan" - ANCIENT
KYAN has the initials of both kun and myself....Kun and Yueting (appropriate!)
(Haaa....my sister will say..."hey thats the name of my favourite student!")

I hope Kyan is not too difficult to pronounce though :-/

2 comments:

**TinGzzz** said...

kyan... my favourite student! so its a good name.. muahaha

Anonymous said...

Kyan sounds nice! :D I LIKE!