CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Birth Story

17-Mar-2009

7.30am - Reported to ESH for admission.

8.10am - Was being led to labour ward. Changed into hospital gown and was given the medication to go and poo. Wah, i tried to poo out everything i could but seems like still cannot. I had to try for it the second time. The nurse asked me not to force myself :P i scared i poo during labour la! She then put the CTG device on me to monitor the contractions and bb's heartbeat. After that, i had breakfast but didn't finish everything yet before Dr Heng burst into my labour room and said she couldn't wait for me to finish eating and had to administer something on me first.

9.15am - Was put on drip. Dr Heng burst my waterbag....wah hot water just gushed out of me like a hot fountain. Surprisingly, it was still not so painful (i thought bursting of waterbag will trigger contractions but ok la). Dr Heng did VE on me. Still 3cm dilation so no improvement since the day before. 3 tubes of blood were drawn out from me. The nurse also inserted a pad for me.

9.35am - Hmm i continued to have breakfast :P while waiting for the contractions.

10am+ - The nurse gave me gas and taught me how to breathe using that. Contractions were still minimal and bearable at this point. Pain threshold : 2 out of a 10. Like menses cramps but still can bear.

10.15am - Contractions getting more intense now. Tried to use the gas to breathe but it was quite hard. Ok maybe can help only a bit. Watched tv and see if i can distract myself from the contractions. I tried to distract myself from the pain. At the same time, kun was asking me some nonsensical stuffs i just told him off...Not much mood to joke with him . Tried taking the mask to breathe but then it doesn't seem to help much liao....

10.35am - Contractions come every 2 to 3mins interval. I asked the nurse when do i need to ask for epi...she said if i cannot tahan better ask for it now, what for wait and suffer so much pain later. In addition, she said i had to remain still for 20mins while the epidural is administered so i also cannot wait till i cannot tahan the pain. Wait fidget here and there how? Finally i raised the white flag...EPIDURAL please!

11.25am - Had to wait for the epidural-ist to come in. Wah cannot tahan v pain liao. Epi faster come! In the end, the doctor came in and while waiting for him to get ready, i grabbed hold of the bed railings....and then cried to the nurse....v pain...v pain cannot tahan....(with tears) so i guess this is the point of my pain threshold...the nurse consoled me and said it'll be all over soon. The doctor inserted the epidural into me and i felt quite pain... i can feel the cold liquid through my spinal cord immediately but still can feel the contractions as the epidural took some time to take effect....

12.15am - Hmm finally the pains got abit lesser. Managed to take a few pics. I asked the nurse..."how many cm dilation already?" she checked and said....now its 8 to 9cm dilation. Hmm...i was happy to hear that....so fast? Good! It'll be all over soon.

12.30am - Dr Heng came in. Asked me to deliver first before she popped into the other labour ward (since i was dilating faster). Gave me the go-ahead to start pushing. Asked me to PUSH PUSH PUSH don't let bb's head sink back!!! Ok PUSH!! I tried my very best and might to push while having to take deep breaths between the pushes. Dr Heng even "threatened" and say..."bb's heartbeat dropped le! Must be quick!" Wah....scared me man....i pushed hard and two nurses pushed my tum tum on the right and left while Dr Heng was in front. Kun also kept telling me to jia you. And with like 6 pushes, baby is out. He weighs 2.435kg and measured 47cm.
Wah FINALLY!!! Hello my dear boy!!!

My "xiao ke ai" when he's out...


Sneaking a peak into this BIG BIG world...Hello Mummy and Daddy!!


My first time carrying my boy


My days in the hospital

1 comments:

JoAnnA said...

Finally, Little Princey is here. Wonder when will be my turn. Can't wait for the D-day ! But must tahan another 2 weeks at least to hit 34 weeks. Don't worry too much abt Kayian's hole in the heart. Pretty common problem. Most of the time, the hole will close by itself. Enjoy ur mummyhood !!