CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Breastfeeding and post-natal massage

Its my 4th session of postnatal massage today. Pretty good as it actually "pushes" out all the lochia, alleviates my breast engorgement and helps to flatten up my tummy. When Cathy (the massage lady) massaged my back, so shiok that i can fall asleep...hehe....but when she did so on my tum tum, its quite painful but still bearable. She is trying to push all the air out as well. I will e doing a one week session. So far progress has been good. My breasts were less engorged (thereby able to pump out more milk), more dirty blood is out plus the fact that it speeds up my tum tum to my pre-pregnancy state.....how nice....

Breastfeeding is hard. Kyan will struggle and gets impatient when he couldn't latch on my nipple properly. He will also shake his head vigorously and wailed out loud when he couldn't take it anymore....tough business.

I am trying to latch and pump so that my milk supply can increase. Till now my record is 170ml for a single pump session. Not too bad for a week old. Just that pumping can tire me out as i have to do so every 3 to 4 hours. And i have to wake up in the middle of the night to pump too....so tiring! Not to mention the "heavy" breasts every two hourly. So tired. I wonder how long i can persist in breastfeeding seriously.

1 comments:

JoAnnA said...

For Kyan, u can do it !!