CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gynae Appointment at 37weeks

Did the CTG scan yesterday. Little one was sleeping for about 20mins before the nurse came in and told me she had to shake my tummy (the result slip showed a constant line and i felt no movements from ah boy)...and she shook it hard which woke ah boy up. He started to move and kick and the lines went up and down after that...lol....i guess he mus have been thinking..."oei! wake me up from sleep for what?!"

Dr Heng told me the CTG result is normal, and that bb's heartbeat was ok. I also presume that my contractions were normal, otherwise none. I guess the CTG doesn't deduce whether i have dilations anot, and this has to be done via a vaginal examination, or what is termed as short...a VE. Dr Heng said she will do a VE for me during the next appointment, which is this coming monday (16-Mar). As of now, she doesn't want to do it for fear of triggling contractions or labour i guess. Little one is now 2.4kg+ at 37weeks+, which i read from
babycenter that he is on the smaller side...i am a bit worried as i read that babies may come out smaller than they usually read on the scan...i hope he is ok though. If there is not much improvement in his growth or weight gain, i may have to be induced next week. Upon hearing that, kun displayed a shocking expression on his face (...eh....induce?! labour next week....so fast?!) oh well he said he isn't sure if Dr Heng noticed his shocked expression. Though he has been telling everyone "anytime" when ppl asked when i'm delivering, i guess he still hasn't gotten himself that prepared it may be just next week...and he has to accept the fact now that the words came from the gynae's mouth.

Dr Heng was pretty preoccupied as her handphone died on her and she told us she was having four patients in the labour wards as at that moment, so she might have to rush down to ESH anytime. I guess this caused her to overlook giving us the scan of little one. I didn't ask her for it though.

My EDD is now 25-Mar as stated rather than 27-Mar. I always thought it was 27-Mar, anyway just a matter of 2 days so shouldn't be a cause for concern. I realised that as Dr Heng indicated 25-Mar on the edd slip i requested from her to be submitted to my company for the application of my maternity leave.

Ok boy, mamee and u shall both jiayou and look towards the day when we shall finally see each other....

1 comments:

JoAnnA said...

Soon I will get to see my Little Godson ! Hope you don't have to be induce. I still have to endure another 6 weeks before I can see my dearest son.