CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Appointment

I knew i had to find a gynae within the next two weeks, and have managed to fix my first scan on 30-July...*excited* Finally, i chose my gynae...Dr Heng Tung Lan from East Shore Hospital. She has a very cheerful and bubbly personality...though i was a bit discomforted when she didn't give me a satisfactory answer to my bleeding and spotting problems during my first trimester...though she did assure me not to worry so much...

My first bleeding occured the day before my actual scan, so my appointment was pushed forward one day ahead. The first scan only showed the sac... (above pic - GS: 0.85cm, 5w4d, EDD: 27-03-2009). Dr Heng told me that if the next appointment (in one weeks time) showed no growth and no heartbeat, the foetus had to be washed away...

It was the hardest one week's wait...but i was rewarded with the foetal growth and heartbeat at the next appointment...I was jumping with joy! (as below. CRL: 0.51cm)


From weeks 7 to 12, I was bleeding and spotting every two three days...who knows how much tears were shed worrying over whether i will miscarriage due to the frequent spotting. I had to bed rest and was at my mum's place during this period of time...taking extra care not to walk or stand about too much. Lost weight due to the loss of appetite, and suffering from the effects of morning sickness (or i should term pregnancy sic
kness)...so much so i had to take more than one month's of unpaid leave/annual leave/mc to rest. Pregnancy sickness was worst in the evenings...

MS MS please leave me alone...

0 comments: