CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

First BCG jab at Sengkang Polyclinic

Kyan has his first BCG jab today. The Hep B jab was not administered as we are planning to take up the 6-in-1 package with Dr Vanessa Tan.

A blood test was done in the morning to make sure kyan's jaundice was perfectly ok. No problem. But it was during the BCG jab that poor baby was crying so loudly....mummy see liao heartpain, moreover she was alone in the room with the two nurses who did the jab for kyan. Kun and the confinement lady was asked to wait outside...they could hear the loud cry which rang from inside the room. Kyan's head and hand was held tight by the nurses since he should not fidget or move during the jab. Poor boy.

Mummy and the nurse cuddled me to soothe me, i was eventually able to settle down until on the second time when we were asked to go back the same room 15 mins later to check if i was ok after the jab. The nurse dabbed on my "wounded" area and i cried....mummy cuddled me again.

Now mummy can finally take her worries of the first jab. Hope she and me will be strong enough to see through the series of jabs in future. As quoted by mummy ever since i was in her womb..."kyan must be a strong and brave boy ya...."

2 comments:

JoAnnA said...

Finally Kyan gotten his Jab. One less worry. He's a brave little boy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fianna, I came across ur blog while searching for info on Dr Heng, who's now my gynae as well. Hope you don't mind me asking abt ur confinement lady. Is she a malaysian? Would you recommend her to others?
Would appreciate it if you could share with me her contact.
My email address is lisackk@singnet.com.sg.
Thank u!~ Lisa