CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

First PD visit at Kidslink

My poor baby is having cough, phlegm in his throat and abit of blocked nose since Sat, after we brought him back from the polyclinic.

It seems that it may be a case of bacteria/germs that flew around in the polyclinic itself. Sighz. If this continues, kyan will not be able to take the BCG/Hep B jab on thurs.

I'm so worried sick for him. This morning, we brought him to the PD, Dr Vanessa Tan at Kidslink. This PD is pretty detailed and patient. I shot her a list of questions which she was most willing to answer. She mentioned that babies will have whizzing sound when they breathe/drink milk, due to their small nostrils. I can continue to breastfeed him, there is no concern of breastmilk issue, except that i shouldn't be taking herbal and caffeine stuffs. I was confused since i thought i am supposed to take herbal during confinement and the PD tells me shouldn't. I asked her why and she mentioned whatever i take will go to the baby, medically speaking, doctors do not encourage the take on herbal stuffs. For Dr Vanessa's case, she went on a normal diet and did not take herbal stuffs. I'm so in a dilemma....thought we are supposed to "bu" during confinement.

I was given nose drops and cough medicine for Kyan. Only if he coughs at least five times a day then i can give him the cough medicine. The PD said kyan has only a bit of blocked nose, not running nose.

Anyway the nurse explained to be about the 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jab. I am deciding which one to administer for Kyan. Haiz. I guess as long as the day he hasn't take his first jab, my worry will never be gone.

I'm so stressed out over his health and everything. Somehow i miss the time when everything was just "me" alone and that i didn't have to shoulder such a huge responsibility like being accountable for someone's health. It is very frightening and worrisome being a mother. Why am i such a worry freak...sighz. I guess i am still trying to adjust to this new lifestyle. Now that i'm a mum myself, i really appreciate what my own parents have done for me, and that what they have to go through bringing me up. Its really tough. Salute to parents, especially mummies.

2 comments:

JoAnnA said...

SO complicated ! So many jabs! Headache ! Cannot take herbs during breastfeeding?? Then how ?? Another Headache !! Being a mummy is all abt headaches, heartaches and worries. But all worth it after seeing ur baby smile at you ! Soon it will be my turn to worry like you.. Hope it will be soon. Cannot tahan already. xoxo

Name: Kayden & Kayla said...

yes gal, No herbal stuff. I agreed with ur PD. Me also din take herbal stuff. Just fish, vege, meat and some kidney soup or pig stomach soup. The only herbal thing I take was chicken boiled with chicken essence. I din even dare to take ginger and sesame cos of his jaundice. Basically, got to watch what u eat if u are breastfeeding.