CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Juggling with breastfeeding issues

For the past few nights since the CL left, i have been doing total breastfeeding (TBF) at night...ever since then Kyan has been on total breastmilk (BM) daily. Sometimes i wonder whether it will be difficult to switch him to formula next time, and how long more can i persevere in pumping breastmilk and breastfeeding since it is so energy consuming and i have thoughts of giving it up sometimes. And the thought of going out and suffering from engorgement 6 hours later is terrible to me. How to deal with the "problematic" breasts outside when i have no pump and no place to express? So troublesome having to pump outside. Sian lor.

The plentiful stocks in the freezer is another headache. I have plans to donate or even sell it (HAHA). Really don't know what to do with them since my supply is now an average 200ml+ which is way over what Kyan is drinking (100ml each time). I know i can keep the stocks so next time when i go back to work my MIL still have the supply to feed Kyan, but i'll still be pumping at work anyway....so it just keeps on adding. Besides how to clear away the older stocks? sighz...

I guess too little milk got problem, too much milk also got problem!

Donating beats to throwing the milk away. However Kun is afraid if we donate, there might be a risk where the receiver's baby encounter problems after drinking it, which explains why he rather throw it away. But i don't want to throw my precious milk away! How how? Sigh...

5 comments:

Jiemin said...

Fian, you can always express the milk earlier before going out so that it won't get too engorged.

And we have already advised that you can use the milk to shower kyan :)

JoAnnA said...

Bath in your own milk!! Like Cleopatra ! Good for your skin ! Anyway, you can donate to moi when Nigel is here. Don't think I will have enough for the 1st week. My doctor is teaching me how to stimulate my Breasts liaoz. Pretty effective.

sunnylight said...

lynn, i suggested to daven can use the milk to bath kyan lor, but he says since BM is sweet, wait later the ants go find kyan...he doesn't like the idea...

jo, my aunt was joking with me to use the milk to bathe myself but the thought sorta puts me off cos breastmilk is pretty sticky woah...haha...if u need the milk jus let me know lor...if u dun mind la...hehe

Jiemin said...

u can mix the milk with water so that it is diluted and can use it to shower kyan. cannot purely bathe with the BM itself, kyan will sure feel 'not clean' and sticky loh....anyway if your friend wants it then can donate it so that it is not wasteful, another option too :)

sunnylight said...

lynn i tink i will bathe in my own milk...will try one packet to see how first...hahaha....take one of the older ones.... =P