CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Night Experience

It was my virgin experience taking care of kyan for the past two nights, and its just the beginning! At least it was kun and me in it together. I guess "practice" makes perfect.

The first night - Kyan had his feed at 11plus/ 12plus midnight and then the next feed was at about 1am+ in the morning. I latched him for about 45mins or so till my shoulders ache. But nevertheless, he fell asleep and slept all the way till 7am in the morning~ Amazing! I woke up a few times though to check if he was alright. I guess i was just being rather paranoid and anxious since it was my first night taking care of him. And hearing him make those noises didn't help much either :-/

The second night - My breasts turn hard but i was still deciding whether to pump out as i was waiting for kyan to wail so i can latch him on. But i think better not since i don't want to end up with a bad engorgement...So i woke up to pump. It was about 1.50am in the morning. At 2plus midnight, kyan started to fidget and open his eyes thereafter. He wants milk since his mouth kept moving. I was pumping when he wanted milk, so i latched him and stopped my pumping, hoping there is enough milk left for him in my breasts. He suckled hard and caused my nipple to be really sore and painful. I wanted to latch him all the way till he has had enough but i couldn't bear the pain. Kun and i had to give him two EBM bottle feeds of 30ml each. He still opened his eyes wide refusing to sleep! Put him back in his cot and he started to become restless wanting to cry again. So we had to pat pat and carry him (afraid he will cry out loud and disturb my PILs sleeping) but he still doesn't want to close his eyes and was still quite cranky and restless. I made the last decision to make him suckle on my nipple again and go to bed since his mouth was still making the suckling movement. It was painful but i was bearing with it. Finally he slept at 4am+.

0 comments: